心云驛站

标题: 【赫临译笔】生活之路 [打印本页]

作者: ヮ成熟、羙°    时间: 2014-5-9 14:00
标题: 【赫临译笔】生活之路
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2014-5-9 17:58 编辑

生活之路
荷叶/译
        多数人的生活他们所处的环境所决定。他们顺从甚至是心甘情愿地服从命运的安排。他们就像电车一样心满意足地运行在既定的轨道上,他们鄙视在轨道上轻快地进进出出,在空旷的田野上活泼地加速。我尊重他们,他们是好公民,好丈夫,好父亲,当然需要有纳税,但我认为他们的生活并不激动人心。
        当然有为数不多的人,把命运掌握在自己手中,按照自己的喜好去塑造生活,我被这些人所吸引。我们可能没有所谓的自由意志,但无论如何,它存在于我们的幻想之中。在十字路口,向左向右似乎任我们选择,认识到是历史的进程决定了我们所做出的选择并不是件容易的事。
附:原文
The lives of most men are determined by their environment. They accept the circumstances amid which fate has thrown them not only resignation but even with good will. They are like streetcars running contentedly on their rails and they despise thesprightly flitter that dashes in and out of the traffic and speeds so jauntily across the open country. I respect them, they are good citizens, good husbands and good fathers, and of course somebody has to pay the taxes, but I do not find them exciting.
I am fascinated bythe men, few enough in all conscience, who take life in their own hands and seem to mould it in to their own liking. It may be that we have no such thingas free will, but at all events, we have the illusion of it. At a cross-road itdoes seem to us that we might go either to the right or to the left and, thechoice once made, it is difficult to see that the whole course of the world's history obliged us to take the turning we did.

作者: 丛中笑    时间: 2014-5-9 16:35
多数人的生活他们所处的环境所决定。是否应当加一个“由”?

选择是否正确,决定着选择者下一阶段是否成功。换句话说:选择决定是否成功!
作者: ヮ成熟、羙°    时间: 2014-5-9 18:00
丛中笑 发表于 2014-5-9 16:35
多数人的生活他们所处的环境所决定。是否应当加一个“由”?

选择是否正确,决定着选择者下一阶段是否成 ...

老师说得对,只有方向正确,才可能取得成功。
作者: 丛中笑    时间: 2014-5-9 18:51
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-5-9 18:00
老师说得对,只有方向正确,才可能取得成功。

是啊,所以说:选择决定成功!