积分

论坛元老

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-6-24 19:59:38 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2014-6-24 20:03 编辑

理发师六哥的故事1
荷叶/译
        现在我给你讲一下我六哥的故事,他叫沙卡白克。和我们大家一样,他也从父亲那里继承了一百个德拉克马,他以为这是一大笔钱,但由于时运不好,他很快就失去了一切,被迫乞讨度日。由于他巧舌如簧,举止优雅,这一新职业他干得很出色。他专门用心思和大家主儿的仆人交朋友,企图与他们的主人接近。
        一天,他经过一座豪华的庄园,看见里面有一群仆人正在院子里闲逛。这里貌似能获得丰厚的收获,于是,他走进去,问这是谁家的房子。
        “我的好人,你从哪里来?”仆人回答:“你难道自己看不出来这所房子属于虚情假意?”由于虚情假意以慷慨大方闻名,听到这些,我哥哥开始问门童,这里有好几个门童,他们是否愿意施舍给他点什么。他们没有拒绝,而是礼貌地请他进去,自己和主人去讲。
        我哥哥谢过他们的礼貌,就走了进去。这所建筑很大,他费了些时间才到达虚情假意的住所。最后,在一个挂着华丽油画的房间里,他见到一位老人,留着长长的白胡子,正坐在沙发上,他如此礼貌地接待了我哥哥,使他有胆量提出了请求。
        “老爷,”他说:“您看,我这样穷,只能靠像您这样又富有又慷慨的人的帮助,才能生存。”
        他刚要往下说,虚情假意面露惊讶,这使他停了下来。“这怎么可能,”他喊道:“有我在巴格达,一个像你这样的人会挨饿?这种状况必须立刻结束!我绝不能让人说我抛弃了你,我敢保证,换做你,你也绝不会抛弃我的。”
        “老爷,”我哥哥回答:“我发誓,这一整天,我还没吃过东西呢。”
        “什么,你快饿死了?”虚情假意大声叫道:“奴隶,来。端水来,我们吃肉前要先洗手。”没有奴隶进来,但我哥哥说,虚情假意还是搓着手,好像有水倒在上面一样。
        接下来他对我哥哥说:“你为什么不也洗洗手呢?”沙卡白克认为虚情假意在开玩笑,尽管他看不出有什么好笑的,他走过来,模仿着他的动作。
        当虚情假意洗完手,他提高声音,大声喊道:“立刻把食物端上来,我们很饿。”没有人端上食物,但虚情假意假装自己正在吃一道菜,夹一口送到嘴里,边吃边说:“吃吧,朋友,吃吧。我恳请你,像在自己家里一样随便吃。像你这样一个饥饿的人,好像胃口不太好。”
        “对不起,老爷,”沙卡白克像先前一样模仿着他的动作,并回答道:“我真的没有浪费时间,正在充分享用这餐饭。”
        “你觉得面包怎么样?”虚情假意问:“我觉得它特别好吃。”
        “噢,老爷,”我哥哥既没看见肉,也没看见面包,他回答道:“我从没吃过这么美味的东西。”
        “想吃多少就吃多少。”虚情假意说:“我花五百金币买的这个做面包的女人,因此,我可能永远也离不了它了。”
        点完各种菜肴后,当然什么也没有端上来过,并讨论完各种菜的优点后,虚情假意宣布:既然已经吃好,他们可以喝点酒。开始我哥哥拒绝,说这样不行。但虚情假意坚持说他不能自己喝,我哥哥才同意喝一点。然而,虚情假意假装一杯又一杯地倒,我哥哥假装酒上了头,他一拳打在虚情假意的脑袋上,把他打倒在地。事实上,他刚要打第二拳,虚情假意大喊他疯了,这时我哥哥控制住了自己。他道了歉,并声明这都是因为他喝高了。虚情假意没有对此生气,而是笑了起来,他热情的拥抱我哥哥。“我一直在寻找,”他大声说:“一个像你这样的人,从今以后,我的家就是你的家。你举止优雅,和我很投脾气,什么都没有时,可以假装吃喝。现在奖给你一顿真正的美餐。”
        然后,他拍了拍手,所有他们先前想像中吃过的菜肴都端了上来,在就餐期间,奴隶们唱歌并演奏各种乐器。沙卡白克一直被当成一个老朋友一样对待,并且穿上主人自己衣柜里的服装。
附:原文
The Story of the Barber's Sixth Brother 1
There now remainsfor me to relate to you the story of my sixth brother, whose name was Schacabac. Like the rest of us, he inherited a hundred silver drachmas from our father, which he thought was a large fortune, but through ill-luck, he soon lost it all, andwas driven to beg. As he had a smooth tongue and good manners, he really didv ery well in his new profession, and he devoted himself specially to makingfriends with the servants in big houses, so as to gain access to theirmasters.
One day he waspassing a splendid mansion, with a crowd of servants lounging in the courtyard. Hethought that from the appearance of the house it might yield him a richharvest, so he entered and inquired to whom it belonged.
"My good man,where do you come from?" replied the servant. "Can't you see foryourself that it can belong to nobody but a Barmecide?" for the Barmecides were famed for their liberality and generosity. My brother, hearing this, asked the porters, of whom there were several, if they would give him alms. They didnot refuse, but told him politely to go in, and speak to the master himself.
My brother thankedthem for their courtesy and entered the building, which was so large that it took him some time to reachthe apartments of the Barmecide. At last, in a room richly decorated with paintings, he saw an old man with a long white beard, sitting on a sofa, who received him with such kindness that my brother was emboldened to make hispetition.
"Mylord," he said, "you behold in me a poor man who only lives by thehelp of persons as rich and as generous as you."
Before he could proceed further, he was stopped by the astonishment shown by the Barmecide."Is it possible," he cried, "that while I am in Bagdad, a man like you should be starving? That is astate of things that must at once be put an end to! Never shall it be said thatI have abandoned you, and I am sure that you, on your part, will never abandon me."
"My lord," answered my brother, "I swear that I have not broken my fastthis whole day."
"What, you are dying of hunger?" exclaimed the Barmecide. "Here, slave; bring water,that we may wash our hands before meat!" No slave appeared, but my brotherremarked that the Barmecide did not fail to rub his hands as if the water had been poured over them.
Then he said to mybrother, "Why don't you wash your hands too?" and Schacabac,supposing that it was a joke on the part of the Barmecide (though he could seenone himself), drew near, and imitated his motion.
When the Barmecide had done rubbing his hands, he raised his voice, and cried, "Set food before us at once, we are very hungry." No food was brought, but the Barmecide pretended to help himself from a dish, and carry a morsel to hismouth, saying as he did so, "Eat, my friend, eat, I entreat. Help yourself as freely as if you were at home! For a starving man, you seem to have a very small appetite."
"Excuse me, mylord," replied Schacabac, imitating his gestures as before, "I reallyam not losing time, and I do full justice to the repast."
"How do youlike this bread?" asked the Barmecide. "I find it particularly good myself."
"Oh, mylord," answered my brother, who beheld neither meat nor bread, "neverhave I tasted anything so delicious."
"Eat as much as you want," said the Barmecide. "I bought the woman who makes it for five hundred pieces of gold, so that I might never be withoutit."
After ordering a variety of dishes (which never came) to be placed on the table, and discussing the merits of each one, the Barmecide declared that having dined so well, they would now proceed to take their wine. To this my brother at first objected,declaring that it was forbidden; but on the Barmecide insisting that it was outof the question that he should drink by himself, he consented to take a little.The Barmecide, however, pretended to fill their glasses so often, that my brother feigned thatthe wine had gone into his head, and struck the Barmecide such a blow on the head, that he fell to the ground. Indeed, he raised his hand to strike him a second time, when the Barmecide cried out that he was mad, upon which my brother controlled himself, and apologised and protested that it was all the fault of the wine he had drunk. At this the Barmecide, instead of being angry,began to laugh, and embraced him heartily. "I have long been seeking," he exclaimed, "a man of your description, and henceforth myhouse shall be yours. You have had the good grace to fall in with my humour,and to pretend to eat and to drink when nothing was there. Now you shall be rewarded by a really good supper."
Then he clapped hishands, and all the dishes were brought that they had tasted in imagination before and during the repast, slaves sang and played on various instruments.All the while Schacabac was treated by the Barmecide as a familiar friend, and dressed in a garment out of his own wardrobe.
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2014-6-24 20:24:40 |只看该作者
欣赏!
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2014-6-24 21:05:15 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-24 20:24
欣赏!

谢老师支持。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2014-6-24 22:10:19 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-24 21:05
谢老师支持。

名符其实,言出必行。哈哈!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

5#
发表于 2014-6-25 08:27:51 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-24 22:10
名符其实,言出必行。哈哈!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

6#
发表于 2014-6-25 18:03:50 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-25 08:27

回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 09:38 , Processed in 0.062400 second(s), 27 queries .