积分

论坛元老

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-6-28 07:07:07 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2014-6-28 07:11 编辑

理发师五哥的故事 2
文/荷叶
        第二天,她向母亲抱怨我如何对待她,这使我心中充满了欢乐。她母亲会来找我,恭恭敬敬地吻着我的手说:“老爷”(她生怕用女婿这一熟悉的称呼会触怒我)“老爷,我恳请您,不要拒绝看我女儿,也不要拒绝接近她。她活着只是为了取悦您,她全心全意地爱着您。”但我就像对待那些妇人一样,没有在意我岳母的话。于是,她跪在我脚下,再次恳求我,但是毫无效果。然后,她递到我妻子手里一杯酒,对她说:“好了,你亲手献给他,他不会残忍地拒绝如此美丽的一双手所奉上的任何东西。”我妻子会接过来,然后,眼里含着泪水,颤抖着递过来,但我却看都不看她一眼。这会导致她哭得更凶,她会手举酒杯哭诉:“可爱的丈夫,我会不停地祈祷,直到您赏脸喝了这杯。”她的纠缠使我厌烦,这些话激怒了我。我会瞪她一眼,朝他脸上猛击一拳,同时,一脚把她踢到房间那头,使她倒在沙发上。
        “我哥哥,”理发师继续说:“如此专注于他的梦想,他真的踢了一脚,不幸地踢中了这一篮子玻璃。它们立刻摔倒在地,成为碎片。
        他的裁缝邻居一直在听他的展望,看到这种景象,爆发出一阵大笑。
“恶棍!“他大声说道:“你应该羞愧而死,竟然这样对待一点错也没有的年轻的妻子。如果她的眼泪和祈祷都不能使你动心,那你一定是个畜生。我要是大元老,我会让人抽你一百鞭子,然后带你游街示众,前面还要有个传令官宣布你的罪行。
        这次意外对他的收益非常致命,他恢复了理智。看到他让人不能容忍的骄傲闯了这么大祸,他撕扯着自己的衣服和头发,大声哭嚎,许多路人都停下来倾听。这是个星期五,看热闹的人比平时要多。有些人同情他,有些人嘲笑他,但他头脑中的虚荣随着这一篮子玻璃消失了。他正在为自己的愚蠢大声哭泣,这时,一个看来很有身份的妇人骑着骡子经过。她停下来询问这是怎么回事,这个人为什么而哭。有人告诉她,他是个穷人,把自己所有的钱都投在了一篮子玻璃上,现在这些玻璃都碎了。听到这些,她转向自己的侍从,说:“把你所有的钱都给他。”这个人服从了,把一个盛着五百金币的钱包放在我哥哥手里。得到这些钱,我哥哥快乐死了。他祝福了这个妇人一千次,现在他店里也没有什么事了,就关上店门,回了家。
        他还沉浸在自己的好运气中,这时听见在人敲门。一开门,他看见门外站着个老太太。
“孩子,”她说:“我求你一件事。现在是祈祷时间,可我还没有洗浴。我求你让我进去,你再给我些水。”
        尽管这个妇人是个陌生人,我哥哥毫不犹豫地满足了她的愿望。他给她端来一容器水,然后又回到自己的地方,去想自己的事情了。他满脑袋还是刚才的奇遇,他把金子装进一个又长又窄的钱袋里,这样可以很容易地放在腰间。此时,老太太正忙着祈祷,完事后,她来到我哥哥面前,拜了两拜,站起来,祈祷上苍赐给他无尽的福祉。看着她寒酸的衣服,我哥哥以为她的感恩是一种暗示,他应该给她些钱去买新衣服。于是,他拿出两个金币。老太太惊愕地退了一步,好像受到了侮辱一样。“天哪!”她大叫道:“这是什么意思?老爷,您难道把我看成那种可怜的人,强行进入人的家里去乞讨吗?收回您的钱。我很感激,但我不需要钱,因为我属于一个有钱的妇人,她供给我所需要的一切。”
我哥哥没有发现老太太拒绝这两个金币,只是为了得到更多。他于是询问,是否有幸能结识这位妇人。
        “乐意效劳。”她答道:“她会很愿意和您结婚,使您成为她财富的主人。因此,拿上您的钱,跟我走。”
        一想到这么轻易地得到一笔财富和一个美貌的妻子,我哥哥非常高兴,他没再问别的问题。而是把钱包揣在衣服里,里面装着妇人给的钱,高高兴兴地跟着这个向导出发了。
        他们走了一段距离,来到一所大房子前,停了下来,老太太敲了敲门。一个年轻的希腊奴隶打开了门,老太太领我哥哥穿过铺得很好的庭院,来到了一个装饰华美的厅堂。她把我哥哥丢在这儿,自己进去向女主人通报。因为天很热,我哥哥一屁股坐在一叠坐垫上,摘下了厚厚的穆斯林头巾。过了几分钟,进来了一位妇人,我哥哥一眼就看出,她比他预料的更美丽,穿着也更华贵。他站了起来,但她示意她重新坐下,自己坐在他身旁。寒暄过后,她说:“这里不舒服,我们去另一个房间。”显然没有告诉任何人,他们来到了一个较小的房间,她又和他谈了一会儿,说:“呆着别动,我去去就来。”
附:原文
Story of the Barber's Fifth Brother 2
The next day she willcomplain to her mother of the way she has been treated, which will fill my heart with joy. Her mother will come to seek me, and, kissing my hands withrespect, will say, "My lord" (for she could not dare to risk my angerby using the familiar title of "son-in-law"), "My lord, do not, I implore you, refuse tolook upon my daughter or to approach her. She only lives to please you, and loves you with all her soul." But I shall pay no more heed to my mother-in-law's words thanI did to those of the women. Again she will beseech me to listen to her entreaties, throwing herself this time at my feet, but all to no purpose. Then, putting a glass of wine into mywife's hand, she will say to her, "There, present that to him yourself, hecannot have the cruelty to reject anything offered by so beautiful ahand," and my wife will take it and offer it to me tremblingly with tears in her eyes, but I shall look in the other direction. This will cause her to weep still more, and she will hold out the glass crying, "Adorablehusband, never shall I cease my prayers till you have done me the favour todrink." Sick of her importunities, these words will goad me to fury. Is hall dart an angry look at her and give her a sharp blow on the cheek, at the same time giving her a kick so violent that she will stagger across the room and fall on to the sofa.
"Mybrother," pursued the barber, "was so much absorbed in his dreams that he actually did give a kick with his foot, which unluckily hit the basketof glass. It fell into the street and was instantly broken into a thousandpieces."
His neighbour thetailor, who had been listening to his visions, broke into a loud fit oflaughter as he saw this sight.
"Wretchedman!" he cried, "you ought to die of shame at behaving so to a youngwife who has done nothing to you. You must be a brute for her tears and prayersnot to touch your heart. If I were the grand-vizir I would order you a hundred blows from a bullock whip,and would have you led round the town accompanied by a herald who should proclaim your crimes."
The accident, sofatal to all his profits, had restored my brother to his senses, and seeingthat the mischief had been caused by his own insufferable pride, he rent his clothes and tore his hair, and lamented himself so loudly that the passers-by stopped to listen. It was a Friday, so these were more numerous than usual.Some pitied Alnaschar, others only laughed at him, but the vanity which hadgone to his head had disappeared with his basket of glass, and he was loudly bewailing his folly when a lady, evidently a person of consideration, rode by on a mule.She stopped and inquired what was the matter, and why the man wept. They toldher that he was a poor man who had laid out all his money on this basket of glass, which was now broken. On hearing the cause of these loud wails the lady turned to her attendant and said to him, "Give him whatever you have gotwith you." The man obeyed, and placed in my brother's hands a purse containing five hundred pieces of gold. Alnaschar almost died of joy onreceiving it. He blessed the lady a thousand times, and, shutting up his shopwhere he had no longer anything to do, he returned home.
He was still absorbed in contemplating his good fortune, when a knock came to his door, andon opening it he found an old woman standing outside.
"My son,"she said, "I have a favour to ask of you. It is the hour of prayer and Ihave not yet washed myself. Let me, I beg you, enter your house, and give me water."
My brother,although the old woman was a stranger to him, did not hesitate to do as she wished. He gave her a vessel of water and then went back to his place and histhoughts, and with his mind busy over his last adventure, he put his gold intoa long and narrow purse, which he could easily carry in his belt. During this time the old woman was busy over her prayers, and when she had finished she came and prostrated herself twice before my brother, and then rising called down endless blessings on his head. Observing her shabby clothes, my brother thought that her gratitude wasin reality a hint that he should give her some money to buy some new ones, sohe held out two pieces of gold. The old woman started back in surprise as if she had received an insult. "Good heavens!" she exclaimed, "whatis the meaning of this? Is it possible that you take me, my lord, for one of those miserable creatures who force their way into houses to beg for alms? Takeback your money. I am thankful to say I do not need it, for I belong to a beautiful lady who is very rich and gives me everything I want."
My brother was not clever enough to detect that the old woman had merely refused the two pieces of money he had offered her in order to get more, but he inquired if she could procure him the pleasure of seeing this lady.
"Willingly,"she replied; "and she will be charmed to marry you, and to make you the master of all her wealth. So pick up your money and follow me."
Delighted at thethought that he had found so easily both a fortune and a beautiful wife, mybrother asked no more questions, but concealing his purse, with the money thelady had given him, in the folds of his dress, he set out joyfully with hisguide.
They walked for some distance till the old woman stopped at a large house, where she knocked. The door was opened by a young Greek slave, and the old woman led my brother across a well-paved court into awell-furnished hall. Here she left him to inform her mistress of his presence,and as the day was hot he flung himself on a pile of cushions and took off hisheavy turban.
In a few minutesthere entered a lady, and my brother perceived at the first glance that she waseven more beautiful and more richly dressed than he had expected. He rose fromhis seat, but the lady signed to him to sit down again and placed herselfbeside him. After the usual compliments had passed between them she said,"We are not comfortable here, let us go into another room," andpassing into a smaller chamber, apparently communicating with no other, shecontinued to talk to him for some time. Then rising hastily she left him, saying, "Stay where you are, I will come back in a moment."
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2014-6-28 17:01:16 |只看该作者
不知是福是祸?!
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2014-6-28 18:40:54 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-28 17:01
不知是福是祸?!

老师聪明。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2014-6-28 19:38:05 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-28 18:40
老师聪明。

聪明不敢,经验诉我。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

5#
发表于 2014-6-28 22:36:40 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-28 19:38
聪明不敢,经验诉我。

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

6#
发表于 2014-6-29 19:12:26 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-28 22:36

回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 07:26 , Processed in 0.060000 second(s), 27 queries .