积分

论坛元老

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-7-25 09:40:32 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2013-7-25 09:45 编辑

成功之路

荷叶/译

年轻人开始创业时从最基层做起,并不是件坏事。匹兹堡许多业界领军人物在创业之初都被迫负过一项严肃的“责任”。他们要了解笤帚的使用方法,把从业开始的时光用于打扫办公室。我注意到现在办公室里就有做过看管人的,很不幸的是,我们的年轻人缺失本行业这一方面的有益的教育。如果碰巧哪天职业清洁工不在,那位有未来合作伙伴资质的年轻人就应该毫不犹豫地在笤帚上初试身手。必要时最新的成员扫扫办公室无伤大雅。这些事我从前就做过。

假如你就业了,开始还不错,我建议你要把目标定高点。我决不看重那些还没把自己看成大公司首脑或合作伙伴的人。不管公司有多大,都不要在思想上有片刻满足于在这个公司里做一个首席职员,领班或总经理,而放松自己。告诉自己:“我的位置在顶层。”要做梦想之王。

以下是成功的首要条件和最大秘密。把你所有的精力,脑力和资金毫无保留地全部集中在你所从事的事业上。干一行,就要决心在这一行闯出点名堂,要领导这一行业,采纳每一条改进措施,配备最好的机器,了解最多关于这一行的知识。公司的失败总是因为把资金分散,因为分散资金就意味着他们也分散了自己的智囊。他们投资在这一行,那一行或另外一行,投资在这里,在那里,到处投资。“不要把所有的鸡蛋放在同一只篮子里”是极端错误的。我告诉你“要把所有的鸡蛋放在同一只篮子里,然后看好那只篮子。”看看周围,你就会注意,那样做的人常常成功。一只篮子无论是提起来还是照看起来都很容易。在美国试图提最多篮子的人,打碎的鸡蛋也最多。提三只篮子的人一定要把一只篮子顶在头上,这很容易掉下来把自己绊倒。美国商人的一个缺点就是缺乏专注。

总结一下我所说的:目标要定到最高;决不进酒吧;别沾烈酒,必要时只在用餐时喝点;决不投机;决不过度吹嘘自己的现款盈余;要把公司的利益当成自己的利益;要专注;要把所有的鸡蛋放在同一只篮子里,并看好那只篮子;要永远把支出限制在资产之内;最后,要耐心,因为爱默森说过:“除了你自己,没有人能够阻止你获得最后的成功。”

附:原文

The Road to Success

It is well that young men should begin at the beginning and occupy the most subordinate positions. Many of the leading businessmen of Pittsburgh had a serious responsibility thrust upon them at the very threshold of their career. They were introduced to the broom, and spent the first hours of their business lives sweeping out the office. I notice we have janitors and janitresses now in offices, and our young men unfortunately miss that salutary branch of business education. But if by chance the professional sweeper is absent any morning, the boy who has the genius of the future partner in him will not hesitate to try his hand at the broom. It does not hurt the newest comer to sweep out the office if necessary. I was one of those sweepers myself.

Assuming that you have all obtained employment and are fairly started, my advice to you is “aim high”. I would not give a fig for the young man who does not already see himself the partner or the head of an important firm. Do not rest content for a moment in your thoughts as head clerk, or foreman, or general manager in any concern, no matter how extensive. Say to yourself, “My place is at the top.” Be king in your dreams.

And here is the prime condition of success, the great secret: concentrate your energy, thought, and capital exclusively upon the business in which you are engaged. Having begun in one line, resolve to fight it out on that line, to lead in it, adopt every improvement, have the best machinery, and know the most about it.
The concerns which fail are those which have scattered their capital, which means that they have scattered their brains also. They have investments in this, or that, or the other, here there, and everywhere. “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” is all wrong. I tell you to “put all your eggs in one basket, and then watch that basket.” Look round you and take notice, men who do that not often fail. It is easy to watch and carry the one basket. It is trying to carry too many baskets that breaks most eggs in this country. He who carries three baskets must put one on his head, which is apt to tumble and trip him up. One fault of the American businessman is lack of concentration.

To summarize what I have said: aim for the highest; never enter a bar room; do not touch liquor, or if at all only at meals; never speculate; never indorse beyond your surplus cash fund; make the firm’s interest yours; break orders always to save owners; concentrate; put all your eggs in one basket, and watch that basket; expenditure always within revenue; lastly, be not impatient, for as Emerson says, “no one can cheat you out of ultimate success but yourselves.”
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2013-7-25 21:04:40 |只看该作者
目标要定到最高;决不进酒吧;别沾烈酒,必要时只在用餐时喝点;决不投机;决不过度吹嘘自己的现款盈余;要把公司的利益当成自己的利益;要专注;要把所有的鸡蛋放在同一只篮子里,并看好那只篮子;要永远把支出限制在资产之内;最后,要耐心,因为爱默森说过:“除了你自己,没有人能够阻止你获得最后的成功。”
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2013-7-26 08:06:28 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2013-7-25 21:04
目标要定到最高;决不进酒吧;别沾烈酒,必要时只在用餐时喝点;决不投机;决不过度吹嘘自己的现款盈余;要 ...

老师好。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2013-7-26 14:20:25 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2013-7-26 08:06
老师好。

上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

管理员

5#
发表于 2013-7-26 22:16:33 |只看该作者
欣赏。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

6#
发表于 2013-7-27 09:43:42 |只看该作者
老牛 发表于 2013-7-26 22:16
欣赏。

多谢朋友鼓励。
回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 02:25 , Processed in 0.062400 second(s), 27 queries .