积分

论坛元老

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-6-28 18:41:39 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 ヮ成熟、羙° 于 2014-6-28 22:43 编辑

理发师五哥的故事3
荷叶/译
        他按要求等着,但美妇人没回来,却进来个大个子黑奴,手里握着宝剑。他满面怒容,朝我哥哥走过来,大声说:“你来这干什么?”他的声音和举止如此吓人,我哥哥连说话的力气都没有,听任他的金子被拿走。甚至佩剑刺入他的体内,都没做任何抵抗。他一被放开,就摊坐在地上,动弹不得,尽管他还有知觉。黑奴认为他死了,就命令希腊奴隶拿些盐来,他俩把盐揉进我哥哥的伤口,这使他剧痛难熬,但他还是镇定地装死。后来,他们离开了他,老太太代替了他们,把我哥哥拖进一个地板门,扔进了一个墓穴,里面堆满了被害人的尸体。
        起初,他被摔昏了,但幸运的是,他伤口里的盐引起的剧痛救了他的命,他一点一点地恢复了体力。两天后,他打开了地板门,趁着夜暮,在厅院里藏到黎明,他看见老太太又出去寻找新的猎物了。很幸运,她没看见他,当她从视线中消失时,他偷偷地溜出这个杀人魔窟,到我家来避难。
        我给他包扎了伤口,悉心照顾他,一个月后,他完好如初。他只有一个想法,就是如何报复这个邪恶的老妖婆。为此,他找了个足够装五百个金币的大钱包,里面装上碎玻璃而不是金子。把钱包绑在腰带上,他化装成个老太婆,衣服下藏了把佩剑。
        一天上午,他正在街上深一脚浅一脚地走着,他遇到了他的宿敌,她正在寻找新的诱惑对象。他走上前去,模仿着女人的声音,说:“你有个天平可以借我一用吗?我刚从波斯来,随身带着五百个金币,我很想知道这些金币是不是足斤足两。”
“好姑娘,”这个老巫婆回答:“你算问对人了,我儿子开了个钱庄。如果你跟我去,他会亲自为你称量。我们得快点,要不然他就该去店里了。”说着,她把我带到以前去过的那所房子里,同一个希腊奴隶给我开了门。
        我哥以黑奴的身份出现的。“可怜的老太婆,”他对我哥哥说:“起来,跟我走。”然后,转身把我哥哥带到了杀人场所。我哥哥也站起来,从衣服上抽出佩剑,只一下就把黑奴的脑袋从脖子上削下来。我哥哥一只手捡起脑袋,另一只手抓住身体,把他拖到了墓穴。他先把身体扔进去,又把脑袋也扔进去。认为一切如常的希腊黑奴不久就端着盐盆来了,当她看到手里提着佩剑的阿尔那斯卡时,扔下盐盆,转身飞奔。然而,她哪里跑得过我哥哥,顷刻之间,她的头就从肩膀上滚落下来。声音惊动了老太太,她跑过来看出了什么事。我哥哥没给她时间逃跑,将她一把抓住。“老畜生!”他大叫:“你还认识我吗?”
        “您是哪位,老爷?”她浑身颤抖着问:“我以前从没见过您。”
        “我就是那个你在他家里做过虚伪的祈祷的人。你现在还想不起来吗?”
她跪下请求宽恕,但他把她砍成了四块。
        现在,只剩下了美妇人,她对身边发生的事还一无所知。我哥哥搜遍了整个房子,终于找到了她。一见我哥哥,她差点吓昏。她拼命求饶,我哥哥宽洪大量,饶恕了她。但他让她说明,怎么会和这伙刚刚被杀的讨厌的人混在一起的。
        “我曾经是,”她回答说:“一个诚实的商人的妻子,那个老太太,偶尔来我家走动,我当时并不知她是坏人。有一天,她说:‘夫人,我家今天有个盛大的婚礼。如果你赏光光临,我敢肯定你一定会过得很愉快。’我被说服了,穿上最华丽的服装,带上一百个金币。一进门,我就被那个可怕的黑奴强行扣留,现在我在这呆了三年了,这令我非常伤心。”
        “那个可恶的黑奴一定积聚了大量的财产。”我哥哥说。
        “非常多,”她回答:“如果你能把它们带走,你一辈子也花不完。来,我们去瞧瞧到底有多少。”
        她把我哥哥带进一个大房间,里面装满了箱子,箱子里装的都是金子。我哥哥看着,无法掩饰他的羡慕之情。“去,”她说:“找些人把这些金子搬走。”
        没等她说第二遍,我哥哥就匆匆跑到街上,很快找到十个人。他们一同回到房子里,但令他惊讶的是,却发现房门大开,屋子里所有的箱子都空了。这个妇人要比我哥哥聪明,她充分利用了这段时间。然而,能够安慰自己的是,我哥哥把所有漂亮的家具都搬走了,这足以超出他那五百金币的损失。
        很不幸,离开时,他忘记了锁门。邻居发现这个地方空了后,报告了警察,第二天我哥哥就被当做小偷抓起来了。我哥哥想贿赂警察将他放过,但他们根本不听,而是绑上他的双手,簇拥着他来法官面前。当他们向法官说明起诉的原因时,法官问我哥哥,他昨天带回家的家具是从哪里弄来的。
        “阁下,”他回答:“我准备告诉您一切。但我求您承诺,我不会受到任何处罚。”
        “这个我可以保证,”法官说。于是,我哥哥从头至尾把他的奇遇讲述了一遍,一直到他如何报复那些背叛他的人。至于这些家具,他恳请法官至少给他留下一部分,来弥补他那被骗的五百金币的损失。
        然而,法官对此却没有表态,他立刻命令手下把我哥哥家里所有的东西都搬走。当所有东西都被搬到他家时,他命令我哥哥立刻离开这座城市,如果再敢来这里会有生命危险。害怕他回来会受到哈里发的审判,我哥哥服从了。他在去邻近城市的路上,遇到了一伙强盗,他们剥光了他的衣服,把他赤身裸体丢在路边。听到他的窘境,我赶忙过去安慰。我让他穿上我最好的衣服,趁着夜幕,把他化装带回家里。此后,我就一直像照顾其他哥哥一样,照顾着他。
附:原文
Story of the Barber's Fifth Brother 3
He waited as he wastold, but instead of the lady there entered a huge black slave with a sword inhis hand. Approaching my brother with an angry countenance he exclaimed, "What business have youhere?" His voice and manner were so terrific that Alnaschar had notstrength to reply, and allowed his gold to be taken from him, and even sabre cuts to be inflictedon him without making any resistance. As soon as he was let go, he sank on theground powerless to move, though he still had possession of his senses.Thinking he was dead, the black ordered the Greek slave to bring him some salt,and between them they rubbed it into his wounds, thus giving him acute agony,though he had the presence of mind to give no sign of life. They then left him,and their place was taken by the old woman, who dragged him to a trapdoor and threw him down into avault filled with the bodies of murdered men.
At first theviolence of his fall caused him to lose consciousness, but luckily the saltwhich had been rubbed into his wounds had by its smarting preserved his life,and little by little he regained his strength. At the end of two days he liftedthe trapdoor during the night and hid himself in the courtyard till daybreak,when he saw the old woman leave the house in search of more prey. Luckily she did not observe him, and when she was out of sight he stole from this nest of assassins and took refuge in my house.
I dressed his wounds and tended him carefully, and when a month had passed he was as well asever. His one thought was how to be revenged on that wicked old hag, and forthis purpose he had a purse made large enough to contain five hundred gold pieces, but filled it instead with bits of glass. This he tied round him with hissash, and, disguising himself as an old woman, he took a sabre, which he hidunder his dress.
One morning as he was hobbling through the streets he met his old enemy prowling to see if she could find anyone to decoy. He went up to her and, imitating the voice of a woman, he said, "Do you happen to have a pair of scales you could lend me?I have just come from Persiaand have brought with me five hundred gold pieces, and I am anxious to see if they are the proper weight."
"Good woman," replied the old hag, "you could not have asked anyone better.My son is a money-changer, and if you will follow me he will weigh them for you himself. Only we must be quick or he will have gone to his shop." Sosaying she led the way to the same house as before, and the door was opened by the same Greek slave.
Again my brother was left in the hall, and the pretended son appeared under the form of the black slave. "Miserable crone," he said to my brother, "get upand come with me," and turned to lead the way to the place of murder.Alnaschar rose too, and drawing the sabre from under his dress dealt the black such a blow on his neck that his head was severed from his body. My brother picked up the head with one hand, and seizing the body with the other dragged it to the vault, when he threw it in and sent the head after it. The Greek slave, supposing that all had passed as usual, shortly arrived with the basin of salt, but when she beheld Alnaschar with the sabre in his hand she let the basin fall and turned to fly. My brother, however, was too quick for her, and in another instant her head was rolling from her shoulders. The noise brought the old woman running to see what was the matter, and he seized her before shehad time to escape. "Wretch!" he cried, "do you know me?"
"Who are you,my lord?" she replied trembling all over. "I have never seen you before."
"I am he whosehouse you entered to offer your hypocriticalprayers. Don't you remember now?"
She flung herself on her knees to implore mercy, but he cut her in four pieces.
There remained onlythe lady, who was quite ignorant of all that was taking place around her. He sought her through the house, and when at last he found her, she nearly fainted with terror at the sight of him. She begged hard for life, which he wasgenerous enough to give her, but he bade her to tell him how she had got intopartnership with the abominable creatures he had just put to death.
"I was once," replied she, "the wife of an honest merchant, and that old woman, whose wickedness I did not know, used occasionally to visit me."Madam," she said to me one day, "we have a grand wedding at our house to-day. If you would do us the honour to be present, I am sure you would enjoy yourself." I allowed myself to be persuaded, put on my richest dress, and took a purse with a hundred pieces of gold. Once inside the doors Iwas kept by force by that dreadful black, and it is now three years that I have been here, to my great grief."
"That horrible black must have amassed great wealth, remarked my brother.
"Such wealth," returned she, "that if you succeed in carrying it all awayit will make you rich for ever. Come and let us see how much thereis."
She led Alnascharin to a chamber filled with coffers packed with gold, which he gazed at with an admiration he was powerless to conceal. "Go," she said, "andbring men to carry them away."
My brother did not wait to be told twice, and hurried out into the streets, where he soon collected ten men. They all came back to the house, but what was his surprise  to find the door open, and the room with the chests of gold quite empty. Thelady had been cleverer than himself, and had made the best use of her time.However, he tried to console himself by removing all the beautiful furniture,which more than made up for the five hundred gold pieces he had lost.
Unluckily, on leaving the house, he forgot to lock the door, and the neighbours, finding the place empty, informed the police, who next morning arrested Alnaschar as athief. My brother tried to bribe them to let him off, but far from listening tohim they tied his hands, and forced him to walk between them to the presence ofthe judge. When they had explained to the official the cause of complaint, he asked Alnaschar where he had obtained all the furniture that he had taken tohis house the day before.
"Sir,"replied Alnaschar, "I am ready to tell you the whole story, but give, I pray you, your word, that I shall run no risk of punishment."
"That I promise," said the judge. So my brother began at the beginning and related all his adventures, and how he had avenged himself on those who had betrayed him. As to the furniture, he entreated the judge at least to allow him to keep partto make up for the five hundred pieces of gold which had been stolen from him.
The judge, however,would say nothing about this, and lost no time in sending men to fetch away all that Alnaschar had taken from the house. When everything had been moved and placed under his roof he ordered my brother to leave the town and never more toenter it on peril of his life, fearing that if he returned he might seek justice from the Caliph.Alnaschar obeyed, and was on his way to a neighbouring city when he fell in with a band of robbers, who stripped him of his clothes and left him naked bythe roadside. Hearing of his plight, I hurried after him to console him for his misfortunes, and to dress him in my best robe. I then brought him back disguised, under cover of night, to my house, where I have since given him all the care I bestow on my other brothers.
分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
转播转播0 分享分享0 收藏收藏0
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

沙发
发表于 2014-6-28 19:50:42 |只看该作者
祸福循环,不知何止也?
上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

1万

积分

论坛元老

板凳
发表于 2014-6-28 22:44:22 |只看该作者
丛中笑 发表于 2014-6-28 19:50
祸福循环,不知何止也?

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

听众

积分

版主

地板
发表于 2014-6-29 19:17:02 |只看该作者
ヮ成熟、羙° 发表于 2014-6-28 22:44

上敬父母,下爱妻儿,这是人理。  大爱祖国,小爱百姓,这是公理。  天下万物,亲如一家,这是天理。  人生一世,忠义是本,仁善是源。
回复

使用道具 举报

QQ|Archiver|手机版|心云驛站   

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 07:24 , Processed in 0.060000 second(s), 27 queries .